06-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #61
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa13 View Post
Why all the replies saying BMW won't do it? I highly disagree. BMW sees the success of the MB Amg gt and know they can do it better In all aspects. So why not do it? There would be a big market I guarantee it. Not only would a large % of M/// owners purchase one but if they could steal a small fraction of the amg gt sales (and they will if they go through with it) they would be comfortably in the green.

Not to mention that but it would be nothing short of amazing. Having the freedom to start from scratch instead of being handcuffed by a cars body that they didn't design.. Now of course it's not a huge handcuff with BMW's being what they are but still, think of the possibility. All I can say is I HOPE they follow through with it.
I would love BMW would do this, but it is not that easy for them like for Mercedes.

Mercedes has much much more side businesses with very good margins on the sales like Trucks, Corporate Cars (Vans, small trucks, Busess)....and a lot of technologies for super/hypercars coming from F1 R&D...so the have more room to play with not so „usual" cars without taking high risks like BMW...that is why there is still nothing like the M1 was...but let's hope
Brake_Late1937.50