View Single Post
      11-25-2021, 06:21 AM   #19
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
Article from The Baltimore Sun. The turn where the trial camera was set -up is not an easy turn,

Baltimore’s Board of Estimates approved a $6.6 million contract extension Wednesday to fund speed cameras on Interstate 83.
The contract, which was approved by a vote of 4-1, calls for six cameras to be installed at various locations along the Jones Falls Expressway. Only two will be operational at any given time, based upon a plan approved by state lawmakers earlier this year.

Drivers will have a lengthy grace period to get accustomed to the cameras and adjust their driving habits, said Steve Sharkey, director of the city’s Department of Transportation. For the first 90 days, drivers who speed past the cameras will receive warnings, not citations. Speed-tracking signs will also be installed in the area, letting drivers know they are speeding, he said.
“The total goal for this is to make people slow down,” Sharkey said.

City officials conducted a one-week camera trial near a former Pepsi bottling plant along the interstate, a spot notorious for crashes. During that period, 151,000 of the 360,000 vehicles that passed the camera were traveling more than 12 mph over the speed limit, and 102,000 were driving at least 15 mph over the speed limit, city officials reported to the Board of Estimates.
The top speed recorded was 173 mph, according to city officials.
Sometimes I’m pretty slow on the uptake of things. I have to assume that you’re joking right? I mean this is your attempt at satire correct? There is absolutely nothing good about red light cameras or speed cameras in any city. City officials that lie and say it’s about safety know full well it’s nothing more than a revenue generator and the people who get hurt the worst are the very people these same revenue addicted politicians claim to want to help the most and that is the lower middle class. Thankfully there are counter measures for those of us in the know to deal with these intrusive and offensive revenue generating cameras.
Cos270608.50