11-18-2015, 07:51 PM   #54
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Well were the cars that were in the runnings for this brand new, as in a new design for 2016? So in that case I don't know what other cars they could have put in since I don't know what other cars are waiting to be released. Maybe if they wanted a few months something else was coming due to be released and would have done better.

And also considering what the Camaro was up against, there is no reason why it would have not won. Now that I see what was tested and I'm sure they let it win to make the AMG or 7 series look bad since they cost soooo much.
I believe they run the test at the same time every year and cars that came out since the last test are eligible. If it comes out after the test it is eligible for next years test. If they always waited for some car that was soon to come out they would never have the competition.

Cost is part of the criteria as a car that cost twice as much should be better. This doesn't mean they are trying to make another car "look bad".

You keep saying they let it win, they didn't test the right cars or they didn't wait long enough, what car do you think should have won (of all cars that came out since last Fall and considering price)?

I haven't seen the complete list of cars but the title in the link for the original post is -
Quote:
4 Days, 26 Cars, and One Bitchin’ Winner

Last edited by David70; 11-18-2015 at 08:10 PM..