View Single Post
      03-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #18
Kamando
Captain
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Congrats on the car, you must have the first 2011 on the forum. Can you comment as to whether it looks like your idrive will read text messages, and whether or not the car now has bluetooth audio as speculated by Edmunds?
So far the iDrive does not give any indications of being able to read text messages. Though I would venture to guess that would be a BMW assist function which I cannot currently access as I have a U.S. spec car in Germany. As for bluetooth audio, the iDrive will do voice mails and recorded voice notes when i select them on my iPhone while paired. I was not however able to get any music to play over the bluetooth link. That's not to say these features cannot be added through a software update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer3 View Post
+1. Congrats OP! Can you also comment if the car has the Sachs damper control for the suspension as it was mentioned by the review by Edmunds for the 2011 E92/E93 LCI. Also does the Harmon/Karmon badge also appear on the rear speakers or just the front speakers?
The Harman Kardon badge only appears on the front window sill mounted speakers. All others are blank. As for the Sachs dampers, no idea. The suspension is much more comfortable over the cobblestone streets here however; much more so than either my previous 06 E90 330i or 08 E92 335i both with sport package. Here is the tag from my driver's side front Damper. Maybe someone can run the numbers and confirm.

Name:  DSC_0908.jpg
Views: 2942
Size:  220.9 KB
Appreciate 0