SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Now own a 2015 235 frm new. 43K miles.

Playing with the idea of trading in 235 and purchasing new 2-door base wrangler (A/C, hardtop, 4cyl automatic)

May be moving into a condo with only outdoor parking. ) where I live with fall & spring rains, winter road salt, poor quality road ways - maybe a Jeep as my one vehicle would simplify things.

My 235 is always fun to drive, hand detail so it’s always spotless.
I use dealer for service - like getting a loaner - my maintenance fees are increasing; oil filter housing gasket, trunk latch malfunction, occasional nail in tire, brakes.

235 is my favorite car but I’m thinking at a condo it will start to get ratty.
And I feel my days of brake rotor change out, fluid change and other diy maintenance are in the past.
Another thing is I’m NOT finding myself getting up at 4:30 on Sunday mornings and going out in the hills and valleys to play.

Any comments would be appreciated. Will used m235 pricing stabilize? Should I just drive the 235 till it needs to be replaced ? Should I just keep the 235 and whatever happens happens ?
You describe your parking but not your driving. The Wrangler is a great off road vehicle but a crappy road car. So the question is what are you going to use the car for?

Also, what are your interior requirements? Seating for four or more? How much storage and what size storage (bikes vs. attache cases, etc.).

You are used to a BMW. Will a regular vehicle meet your needs or will you miss the luxury features that come with the BMW?

Steve