Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayone415 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I've been pushing gov. here to up the limit to 100mph but so far have been stonewalled. They're even dragging their feet over raising it to 80mph which they should have done ages ago.
What is your speed limit there and how many lanes are your freeways? I'd love to have a higher speed limit at least 75 MPH, but I think maybe they would if they raise the speed limit to X MPH there's still going to be other drivers who will push their cars over by Y MPH over the limit? I also read before at least in certain parts it has to with fuel usage and pollution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Reminds me of getting to 150 in my old AP1 S2000...DANGEROUS.

Why? It takes too damn long.

I'm one of those guys that think that 200mph isn't always 200mph.

What I mean is, this guy is pretty nutty, taking a solid minute to get from 60 to 200.

Now imagine he was actually in a fast car, where that journey could be done in half that time, it'd be much less nutty IMO.

Also, I've often wondered why these guys don't just buy a phone mount to keep the camera steady and allow them to keep both hands on the wheel. I guess it's just a last minute hoon for them.
I remember those stupid days, but I never made it past 135 MPH. The last time I went 120 MPH, I literally almost died after someone, not paying attention decided to quickly change lane in front of me, for no reason at all since there were no cars in front or behind him. I had to slam on the brakes and turn my wheel to not smash in to his car. I almost bounced off an overpass wall twice and then did two 360s on the freeway, which felt like slow motion, where I seen the driver who cut me off driving normal in tunnel vision, not even aware of what is going on as my car literally spun close enough to hit him. Luckily, there was not a scratch on my car after that, and no cops involved. Ever since then, I typically will always keep my car under 80 MPH.
Which is exactly the stupidity of the RS6 driver. Those are 140mph speed differentials. Other drivers can look in their mirror, see it's clear, get over and then there's an RS6 on top of them. Totally stupid to create that large of a speed differential.

I worked in Germany and had the privilege of frequently driving on the Autobahn. I rented a Boxster a few times that would so 168. Since 99% of cars are governed to 155 there, even that small differential was significant at those sorts of speeds and the few times I got passed by Ferraris doing closer to 200 mph, it was still pretty easy to misjudge their closing speeds.

This guy was a clown, and endangered every car in that video. To claim otherwise is foolish.