05-28-2020, 12:52 AM   #20
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigade24 View Post
i ran 6k/18k with the BC springs. I ran this setup for a year and I really liked it! the car felt balanced and was comfortable on the street. Even while competing, I would just stiffen up the dampers and send it...for dual duty setup I was content.

I upgraded to 7k/20k swift springs and my BCs are on the softest setting when driving on the street. when i put in the swifts, the car's height increased in the back even though it was the same length of spring as the BCs i removed. For what I am doing, the rates are almost bang on! my car feels alive. but for a predominantly street machine, those rates might be a bit much. 6k/18k using a good quality spring I think would be ideal. my car is xdrive so that had an impact on my numbers when the spring rates were calculated. RWD can go stiffer in the front and softer in the rear, how much depends on weight/application/preferences.
I got RWD... and i plug in all the numbers for my car F36 on that calculator, it's the same as your xDrive rear spring rate need to be stiffer, at least 3x stiffer than the front. Example 4k/12k
Appreciate 0