Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep

Drives: 650i (F12)

Cool Rant on! ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Fwiw... the last 2 times I flew with someone so fat next to me they should have had 2 seats... who's at fault here and what's the resolution? IMHO, the flight attendant should have something to say about this but our dumb laws and sensitivity prevent this.
I only fly Biz & First because I won't sit next to the sort of people that fly economy. Plebs... x

For real though... It's just called being responsible and not cheap. We fly A LOT. Few times a month around Europe or to the States, longer trips to Asia every 2-3 months these days, used to be more frequent.

I'm overweight and was a big-guy to begin with before I packed on the fat. 6'2" and was healthy at 255lbs, 56" chest when I was fit, and just a big thick guy. Now that I've added a thick layer of fat over that, there's no option except Biz and First. I can afford it, so why not. Also, I use SeatGuru.com to ensure I'm getting solo seats (if smaller aircraft on connecting flights or some of the BA shite configs).

Same applies to our kids. Pop a 2yr old in their a carefully chosen Biz Class seat facing rearward at the window at the back of the cabin and give em an iPad full of Paw Patrol and a bag of pretzels and you can make it most of the 14hrs from LHR to PVG with minimal 'parenting'. lol

So it's just common manners for me. If I was still in my sports-days fitness, I wouldn't see one empty seat on the Tube and think, I'm going to insert myself in between those poor fools. Nowadays, I certainly wouldn't... (I don't take the Tube anymore! LOL). Similarly, I wouldn't put my kids in somebody's way either. We aren't introverts by any means, but I generally don't see anything wrong with being classy and dignified in travelling or regular public dealings of any sort. Point being, though air lines are certainly squeezing certain classes, the customer still has options and can vote with their wallet.

-=-=-
OP, can't help you. I don't fly Cattle Class or 'Cattle Class-Plus'. Good luck.