View Single Post
      12-05-2022, 08:56 AM   #7260
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Of course you'll find a bunch of videos on youtube about police shootings and violence, because that's all people are interested in because it fits the medias narrative. What you dont see on youtube are the countless situations where cops save lives by risking theirs, how they deal with PTS everyday from the things they have seen, the times they impact a community in a positive way by providing positive influence and mentoring, etc. These things far outweigh the negative, but no one cares to record and share the good in life. Everyone wants to focus on the negative and then poke and prod and pick out all the things they would have done differnetly.

I recall a "study" a police training facility did where they took people off the street and ran them through training simulations to see how they would react. Most of them resorted to deadly force right away or got themselves killed (training environment obviously, not literally killed). I recall one of them was very loud about police violence and how police shoot first and ask questions later, and in his scenario he killed an unarmed dude because he felt threatened. Huh, weird.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Sedan_Clan25059.50
jamesinaz1643.50
Buug95917384.00