11-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #7240
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Beast View Post
I'm bald, muscular build, tattoos and I was in jeans and a wife beater as usual. I assume that plays a part BUT.....cops don't like being stereo-typed, neither do civilians.
I support a local PD. I saw them in my hood, outside their jurisdiction. About 3 of our officers, along with the evidence guy, going in and out of a house just down the street. There were also supporting characters from other jurisdictions.

I'm not working, I'm actually riding my custom softtail. As I see my "friends' I pull over, get off my bike (and turn it off, right Sedan_Clan ) and slowly stroll up towards the curb to say hello. One particular sheriff sees me strolling, and she immediately rapidly starts an intercept course, hand on gun.
"Where you going?"
"Whoa, just wanted to say hello to officers <insert names> I support them, I'm the IT manager"
She looks at them, they nod, and I wave and get back on my bike. IF they weren't otherwise occupied, there could have been reason to pull me over for exhibition of speed as I got the heck out of there.

Bald, minimal headgear, leather, jeans, not quite as muscular as once was.

Looking back, they were PROBABLY processing a search warrant on a drug location, and I might have appeared somehow related to the events that transpired. But I was genuinely just stopping to say hello, not cognizant of my attire/vehicle.