Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidkaos View Post
True, not ALL the power (the newly announced 1D comes to mind ), but it shoots raw, and has better IQ than my old D50, plus many of the "options" of a DSLR. When the best camera you have is the one you have with you, it's perfect. If I have intentions of shooting, I take my DSLR. Any other time, I've got my S95 with me, just in case I see something worth shooting. I've come to hate shooting JPG, and lament the fact that I did it for so long when I first got a DSLR. That said, cell phone shooting is out for me, even with a camera as nice as the one on the iPhone 4S.
Feel the same, but bought the iPhone 4S to always have a "camera" with me. It didn't do too bad at the Grand Canyon:

iPhone Shot by dcstep, on Flickr

Processed with Camera+ app. Used Clarify function and way toned down Redscale. The sunrise, fog and snow made the rest. Looking at it now, I don't like the blue cast of the snow and I'll have to figure out if Camera+ can deal with that.

I had my 5D MkII on the tripod when I shot this to send to my daughters, a minute after I took it.

Dave