11-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #1454
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Story time: So I go home last night, look up a few videos on how to measure with the calipers. I pull the skin, read the calipers.....just a little under 10mm. I go the chart, that came with the calipers, and it states that I'm at 18.9%. I find this hard to believe, but I didn't question it. Just for shits and giggles, I get on the scale this morning and it states 17%, I don't trust this either. I grab the calipers, pinch again, just under 10mm.....I go to the interwebs and find the other chart posted below. Edit, the PDF is the original chart I was using, the one shown below is what I believe to be accurate.

SON OF A BISH!!!! This gentlemen is why it is important to have accurate information.

Check out that on the first chart age 41-45, that 8-9 =13.8, then 10-11 = 18.9, then 12-13 = 17.8. and at the same time

Have a look at this site and try the Jackson/Pollock 3 site method. Just put in your weight and age and those 3 measurements. It should get you very close to what your actual BF % is. I just get the guy that owns my gym to do a 7 site measurement on me.

A lot of it comes down to hitting the same spot consistently, and having a good set of calipers.

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html