08-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #86
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I think it's you that doesn't get it, or should I say the Gumpert's design that you don't get. It was never meant to be a thing of beauty, that's perfectly clear when you look at it but what the Gumpert does that none of the other do is produce lots of down force, enough in fact that it could drive upside down at speeds in excess of 170mph.

I look at an F1 car and don't go all weak at the knees because of it's beauty, the same thing applies here to.

P.S.
Never did like the FXX and especially not the Viper, it's American vulgarity at it's best, or is that the PT Cruiser. Maybe it me not getting the Viper, maybe you have to be American to except it's excessively wide stance, it's vulgar side pipes, it's twin bulges on the roof. You may well look at the Viper ACR and go all wet but me I'm sorry but I think it looks just as awful as the Gumpert but in a different way.
It still has styling to it. I can tell when something is pure engineering, and the gumpert is not. You just dont see it, you dont get it...you have to have the training to see it...and you dont.

I KNOW what the gumpert was designed for. There are other cars designed for the same thing the gumpert is. They are not even close to being as hideous. The viper is a cohesive, well thought out design. not because its american or any of that bullshit. it just is. its not that vulgar. the gumpert is very vulgar.

Im saying the same thing over and over