Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Backstory: the EPA in 2016 sought to "clarify" their interpretation of current regulations in such a way as to put street cars converted to race cars -- with emissions equipment removed -- in their crosshairs. The language got removed but SEMA still decided to push for a law specifically protecting motor sport. Right now EPA chooses not to enforce the regulations on vehicles converted for race use and used only that way. The proposed law would prohibit the EPA from changing their minds about that.

Like others here I see no reason to pollute the air by removing emissions equipment on street cars. But I am an enthusiast and I do enjoy seeing racing of all kinds including racing cars based on street cars. I'm supporting the bills for that reason.
I can guarantee that all the commercial trucks and buses, school buses and whatnot contribute far more to pollution than all the de-catted rice out Civics.

Why won't Congress regulate commercial transport emissions as a place to start, since it will have more - and more lasting - impact.

And if you want to go for the fringes, how about all the motorcycles, scooters and - lawnmowers, let's not forget those.

Let's cut the hypocrisy if we're really after cleaner air and less CO2.
Whataboutism.

Quit breaking the law and polluting the air that we all have to breathe just so you can fellate yourself over an insignificant 12hp extra.
Says the guy with an e92 m3 listed in his sig. If you're truly so passionate about emissions and environmental issues, why would you drive such inefficient vehicles? How about making some sacrifices on your end? I suppose it's much more convenient to point that judgmental finger at others though...
I don't think you can really compare the two.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82