View Single Post
      12-30-2019, 02:48 AM   #5
premier3is
Major
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

A lot was asked here. But here's my opinion.

BMW probably has some sort of insurance to back up the losses they'll incurs because there is no way these lease returns are holding that 60% residual value or whatever it may be for your vehicle when you get it. They have high residuals which in turn get you in the car with a lower monthly.

On the other hand, I came from the Lexus brand, had an IS200t F-sport which I leased in 2016 which had a 61% or 62% residual if I'm not mistaken. Upon lease return, these cars had NO where near the residual I got... they were worth well below that. My dealership was telling me Lexus has so many IS returns which they lose out on money that no dealerships were willing to buy the cars off Lexus Financial to get them on their lots. The returns were just getting sent off to auctions.

So what happened, Lexus 'adjusted' their residuals so it was more beneficial to them. When I inquired about another IS the residuals were around 49% lol. Stupid low. The payments on a 45k car were nearly identical to a 50k 3 series. It was a no brainer to leave as the IS is highly outdated in many ways now, especially the tech and it lacks power.
paliknight2191.50
GenXer1363.00