Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92William View Post
Funny how many morons here are complaining about companies being able to sell catless exhausts and such. Screw off you drive a bmw not a Prius. If you wanna save the planet dont go around in a gas guzzling sport sedan
First, I'm not sure what MPG has to do with emissions regulations. The kind of exhaust a car puts out has nothing to do with the amount.

Second, my 328 saw a consistent 29 MPG. My 335 sees a consistent 23. My gas guzzler E92 M3 saw 19 MPG. If you drive like your hair is always on fire, MPG is the least of your issues. These are not great numbers of course, but I don't see a need to make the situation worse by taking out the cat which just makes the car stink and makes you obnoxious as you drive by. Might as well roll coal.

I had a Borla on my E92 with cats - without it the car wouldn't be drivable, it would be way to loud. Loudness for the sake of loudness isn't cool.

I just think all this is moot. The upcoming G80 is going to be the last ICE powered M3. Then all of this won't matter. I don't believe that electric cars are better for the environment for many many reasons, but they make a much better basis for a car than something with an ICE engine.
Jockey3445.00