Rep

Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Why won't Congress regulate commercial transport emissions as a place to start, since it will have more - and more lasting - impact.
Umm, they do.

Quote:
And if you want to go for the fringes, how about all the motorcycles, scooters and - lawnmowers, let's not forget those.
You mean the lawnmower and scooter that burn about 1 gallon/hour? Yeah, that's not contributing hardly anything.

Quote:
Let's cut the hypocrisy if we're really after cleaner air and less CO2.
Let's. Your entire post was a whataboutism.

Quote:
You know, it actually is a gas guzzler if we're being honest. 28mpg is if you drive downhill with a tailwind on the highway. If you drive it aggressively in mixed conditions you won't see 18mpg.
No, it's not. I got 28 mpg on a recent roadtrip with the cruise control set at 79mph. It does quite well.

My average mpg is right around 21-22 mpg with city and highway driving.

As it turns out, I don't have to race everyone to the next stop light.

Quote:
Your track driving, or aggressive street driving, in a performance ICE car are completely at odds with the goal of saving the planet. Absolutely orthogonal to the thing.
Actually, they're not. This is yet another fallacy of yours. As it turns out, you don't have to give up EVERYTHING to save the planet or give a shit. That's why I'm not worried about F1 or NASCAR or the track junkie with his catless track only car.

It's not an all or nothing proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92William View Post
Lol yeah sure it can get 28mpg buy do YOU get 28mpg. I'm sure not. I've gotten even 14mpg in my 328i and even less in my 335i. They can also get almost 30 on the highway but they dont because I drive them for what they are, sports cars. If you wanted to get 28mpg you wouldnt have gotten an m3. Your car is a gas guzzler the way youre meant to drive it and you wouldnt have gotten it if you didnt mean to drive it in a spirited manner.

I don't know, stop driving like an asshole?

I bought my $80k sports car specifically so I could drive it like a Toyota Corolla.
Do you own the waste emissions generated by your $80k sports sedan?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line