View Single Post
      04-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - E92 M3 - 335i vert

I drove an M-235i today - pleasantly surprised !!!

My friend just got an M 235i and I took it for a spin. I was quite impressed at the handling and responsiveness of the car. It was significantly faster than my current 335i which is a 2013 model. For starters I loved the transmission on Manual mode, much better than mine. The shifts were very quick almost like a DCT. And even though the car weighs around 3,500 lbs it didn't feel heavy on the road at all. It handled great and was as much speed as I need for city and highway driving.

I've been planning on getting an M4 for ED next summer but I got a new job and I'll be travelling a lot more. Meaning, I'm debating the whole M4 thing all of a sudden. I priced out my M4 around 78k with the options I want. The M 235i would run me around 50k. But if I hardly will be driving the new M4 after next summer I'm not so sure anymore and I'm also getting a lot of pressure from the wifey...

So now I feel I've waited 3 years, drove a 335i until the new M4 came out and now I may not be able to get one. Or rather....it wouldn't be wise to get one. Now I'm considering getting an M 235i so I have something fun to drive when I'm home.

I really hate decisions like this. I feel I won't be really happy no matter what I do...

Last edited by dreamsongs; 04-25-2015 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0