View Single Post
      08-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #21
toneil44
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 Comp GC, 2017 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH512 View Post
Appreciate your efforts and I would agree that they are either defective or not designed for the intended use.

In my case, when replacement tires were not available for a bubbled LS2, Goodyear replaced my four LS2's at my request with Michelin Pilot Super Sports -mounted and balanced at no cost to me. I'm willing to accept that and move on.
That's a nice tire, certainly an upgrade from the LS2s but it is also a summer tire. You don't have a 1 for 1 replacement for the LS2 which is an all season RFT. The PSS tires won't do after October in the Northeast. Is Goodyear going to spring for winter tires for you also? If that's the case, you really got a good deal. Although you've still got the noisy, rough ride from the winter tires. Where you're located doesn't seem to me to get snow and ice on the roads all winter long although you would get below freezing temperatures for a good portion of the winter.

I'm curious, if you're purpose is to go to a non run-flat tire why you didn't ask Goodyear to put on a good quality all season non run-flat tire like the Pilot Sport A/S Plus or the Conti DWS?

I bring this up cause I am in a similar situation - bubbled LS2s which BMW replaced w/ 4 Potenza RE050A RFT at no cost. I stayed w/ RFT (BMW obviously is not going to approve a non run-flat tire for the car) but I'm now in a summer tire which means I've got to make a change after October. If Bridgestone doesn't come out w/ a Potenza RE960AS (all season RFT) in the 245/40R19 size, then my only viable option is to go to Goodyear like you did but get them to put on the Pilot Sport A/S Plus or the Conti DWS.
Appreciate 0