Major
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Question from me to those of you who peruse this thread:

When you are pulled over and detained on a traffic stop by law enforcement, what can we do to reduce your anxiety/nervousness?
Be more friendly and less business like.

All cops seem to walk around with a look on their face and an attitude that says, "don't fuck with me." Maybe that is an acquired trait from being a cop for a few years or maybe it is how you want to be perceived. It doesn't really matter why, but that attitude is obvious when you're speaking/interacting with the public.

Just yesterday when I was getting tacos (without you because you suck ) there was a cop standing outside the restaurant waiting for his food. I said hi to him, but his reply and attitude was all business and gruff. Maybe he was having a bad day; I don't know. I do know that I pay attention to people and can size them up well enough to guess whether they are friend or foe. Generally speaking, cops give off the "foe" vibe.

Marine General James Mattis said it best:

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." I think the police need a touch more of the "be polite" part.
This sums it up perfectly! Exactly what I was going to say.