06-07-2019, 06:44 AM   #12
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDougM3 View Post
I lived in the area (Folly Beach) for a decade and can certainly confirm your fiancé's assertion that North Charleston is best to be avoided. Mount Pleasant would be tops on my list, assuming budget allows. Quick access to Sullivan's/Isle of Palms as well as downtown. As previously mentioned, the downtown peninsula is very prone to flooding and parking can be scarce. James Island has nicer developments than it did 10+ years ago...some great marsh views and close to Folly Beach if that's more your scene. Johns Island a little further south and farther from downtown but still great if you don't necessarily want to be in the center of the action. West Ashley is where a lot of my friends live(d)...less expensive but doesn't really carry much of the Charleston charm in my opinion.
Thanks for the info on James and Johns Island! Like I mentioned we didn't get a chance to explore those areas so that is helpful. From the reactions it seems like I should be aiming for Mount Pleasant, might just have to make some compromises on some of the house features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanksevo View Post
send me a with your number and a good time to call. I currently live in Charleston and can help you out
A fellow E9X M3 owner woot! I thought I was going to be alone down there, I'll shoot you a message thanks man!