View Single Post
      05-01-2020, 03:52 PM   #172
davidr3
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I do not like this either. Why going up in dimensions soooo much?
The new 2 is a proper reincarnation of the E46 icon, the new 3 si like the old 5, the new 5 is the old 7; the newX3 is already big. Remember the old X5? I remember back then thinking that is big. The old X3 was a very good all rounder and had proper dimensions for the majority of the families. Now, it is not enough... heck, the 3 series was the bread and butter and working fine for most families. People had families back in the 70 and 80s and they fit just fine in an Audi 80 or a 3 series.
Then we are wondering why they don’t fit here and there and parking spots look small.
Do we really need to move that material, more gas, more everything, from tires to brakes, etc. In a way we are like the ultra rich that they never got enough. How much money you need to live a decent life and how big of a car you need to really fit your needs?
Is it needs or is it ego?
Why ego? I had people asking me why not buying a “true” BMW like the X5?
Well, I don’t need it. Too much car for my needs. And honestly I am the guy that I would rather buy a nice 2 Series fully loaded than a naked X3 just to look bigger or richer.
Why spend the gas, the work to wash it, polish it, maintain avehicle that is double than what I trully need?
Agreed, personally if I wanted an SUV the x3 is my go to. X5 is too big for i'd say most families. X3 is the right amount of room and a bit of a compromise if I wanted to bring home something bigger.