Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
gents, got a question for you

the first girl i had a thing with on campus painted me something, and i've been hanging it up at my apartments/dorm ever since. today the frame fell (dont get the cheap alternative to comand strips), and i saw the date on the back again after a LONG time: december 2016

ive kept on hanging it because it's a painting and i like how it looks, but i'm also torn between holding on to something that was given to me with that context, almost 3 years ago. stuff ended roughly 2-2.5 years ago too, and so much stuff happened over that time i just don't feel like getting a new frame.

should i just find a new painting?
Depends on how much you like the painting. I still got shit that past women I've dated bought for me. It's amazing when they have money....and just show up with...oh I picked this up today for you hoping to score points.

But all that was materialistic. A painting is a lot deeper, someone invested some thought into that.

I had a similiar scenario. I had one that a girl did for me that was very nice. It wasn't framed until I found it when moving. I had it nicely framed and have it hanging in my office now.

One....it's a conversation piece....Two......who knows if she doesn't get famous one day as she was really talented. If so.....I have an original early work of hers!!