View Single Post
      07-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #56
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Then I'd like to discuss if warming would even be a net negative. I can point to vast parts of Earth that might benefit from a little warming. I'd say warning has been pretty good for mankind over the last 20,000 years.
That is a discussion no politician dares to start.

The main thing I've heard is that for example animals like walrusses, polar bears etc see their habitat shrinking, but climate change goes so slowly that normal species (trees, fish, land animals) can easily migrate at that pace imho.

Oh, I live beneath sea level, so that might be a worry although I've never seen a good investigation what is more expensive: raising the dykes etc or reduce/stop co2 emissions.
from what I can think of, global warming is mainly a problem for mankind (think resetteling parts of populations like farmers, maybe even cities) and not a real problem for the planet and its habitat.
The warmer it gets, the faster things grow

There are plenty timespans in history that the earth was warmer and co2 levels were higher. Who knows, maybe lizards will start to grow exponentially with higher temperatures
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch