View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #8
BadContrakt
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 E90 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
That is insane. I am serious, though, I've certainly observed my share of aggressive drivers - those weaving in and out of traffic, those coming up on my ass at high rates of speed, so on and so forth, but never anyone who actively tried to be a dick, such as not letting me in, giving me the finger, tailgating me after I passed them, et al.

Perhaps I've just been lucky? But I've driven in many states and all over the world, including some places that have notoriously aggressive drivers and not experienced what the OP is stating.

Heck, even living near you (in Connecticut), I didn't experience anything and actually had a better driving experience up there since everyone is moving pretty quick and is paying attention more than the country yahoos do where I live now.
I mean let's be real, when I do an asshole move I know it's an asshole move and I wouldn't go making a thread about it. I can be aggressive when I want to be and if I do something dumb or dangerous I'm very aware of it. I've been flipped off before for good reason. Everyone has.

It's also not EVERY time. But it's often. At least a couple times in a week I'll get a dirty look or I'll get someone changing their speed on me during a pass or whatever. I set my cruise every day, to and from work (at the chevy dealership ) at 70mph in a 60mph zone. I've clocked it a few different times and my cruise at 70mph is 66mph in real life. So I'm only going 6 over. I mean if I'm going 80 in a 60 and passing people that's understandable maybe they think I'm an asshole cause I drive so fast but it's not even the case. I go 66 in a 60. Come on!

My wife has noticed this too and she drives a 2001 E46 325xi in a cute little blue color with a cat sticker on her window and no mods what-so-ever and when she gets fed up being stuck behind a farmer going 52 in a 60 she'll finally convince herself to pass (because she's not a fan of speed and not a fan of danger and not a fan of passing) she gets the same look! How you gonna be mad at my 100 pound wife in her basic ass little slow E46 for passing you doing 8 under the speed limit?

I just don't think this is a case of "the common denominator so I must be an asshole" I think it's more-so the badge making people assume I'm a typical BMW driver so they're immediately subconsciously mad at me for even existing. BMW has a proven history of having ethical and mannerly drivers remember.