View Single Post
      01-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #32
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Drives: 335i

I am going to upgrade my powerbook G4 to this.. I think the MBP is overkill of laptop and I love to have my computer with me all the time and right now after a while my 15inch 5.5lb powerbook becomes a burden. This will be perfect like pointed out for people who have other macs at home and I fit into that.. And it seems apple is looking to the future by not having a CD/DVD drive.. Like I posted in the Blu ray vs HD-DVD both are dead since consumers will move to download video offers such as the Vudu box or Itunes, well you can also buy software and download it online from manufactures usually a discount, I prefer to download my apps instead of having a CD around since the CD only gets scratched up or lost. Back when apple removed the floppy drive in favor of a CD drive only they were criticized but it made sense in the coming years, now as Apple removes the CD/DVD drive it will make sense in a few years. (I cant recall the last time I burned a CD I only did that before I had an Ipod and before everyone else had Ipod's, now you can plug your ipod into just about every car.)