View Single Post
      02-08-2024, 02:51 PM   #18
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep

Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Tx for the info. Haha re your dog, I had a rabbit like that, only gave her bottled water but one day I ran out and tried to give her tap in the meantime, she stopped after two slurps, simply REFUSED to drink further so here I was throwing on some clothes to run to the nearby grocers to fetch her favorite brand. It was a LMAO moment. Fancypants bunny. I miss her.

Ok, so does it suck having to arrange bottled water since you have well access? It would bother me but I guess it's not feasible at all where you live to make the well water drinkable?
That's the thing I'm not sure about though - I would think it is feasible to make his well water drinkable - unless it is just situated in an area where the water is too contaminated to do anything about.

I know when we moved in, the water wasn't potable, because the owner hadn't realized her UV light was out, so her water filtration system wasn't doing a whole lot for her. But they then shocked the well, and got the UV working again and it was fine and has been for the last 9 years.

All we have is a sediment filter, UV light, iron filter and water softener, and then we added a reverse osmosis system just because we liked the idea of it, but that doesn't change the potability of the water really.

The water is great, our kids hate drinking city water whenever we are in the city and complain if we throw the water from home in their travel water bottles down the drain whenever we are out somewhere because they know the new water is going to taste funny. Realistically, its just heavily chlorinated, but it truly doesn't taste great after you get used to well water.
vreihen1615398.00