08-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #3839
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Seriously, Josh, the photo is technically well done. But I'm missing the point here. What are you trying to convey?

Please don't take this the wrong way and this is my own personal opinion and as such should be taken with a very big grain of salt, but I can't get the connection between the models and their surroundings. I'm not into "edgy," being an old fart and all, so maybe it's all just beyond me.
after looking at it a little more, i don't like it as much either. but it all comes down to taste, i think. there isn't a good connection here, admittedly, but i'm a fan of edgy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
take out the background - are you happy with the model? no
take out the model - are you happy with the background? yes

light your scene and frame your scene before you throw in the model. then light your model separately, without the light on the scene.
lit the background first, it was a bitch to get. one of my 3 battery packs died. didn't light the model separately. the pose isn't fantastic either.
then put the two together. no perfect harmony.
i like this one better. it's a bit more dramatic...but i actually adjusted the lights down for the aperture. only thing i don't really care for are the plants in the foreground.

Untitled by jsophoto, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
i bet you would.