12-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #58
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr15 View Post
This is accurate.

The other factor at work here is that MTV is stuck using Seaside because no other town wants them. Seaside seemingly embraces the fact that it is the place to go for young people looking to be perpetually drunk, stupid, belligerent, destructive, etc. It's a dump and the people act accordingly. Not surprisingly, the fact that these people (casted by MTV for their predisposition to act stupid) know they are on TV is going to ratchet up the already absurd behavior to epic proportions.

Other New Jersey towns, like Point Pleasant Beach (I assume that's the "Point" you referred to) do have their share of "fools", but aren't even vaguely comparable to Seaside. In fact, Point Beach remains a very popular spot for families because the town has maintained a kid-friendly boardwalk and beach area that is clean and safe. The Jersey Shore has many fantastic towns with great people where this crap isn't the norm.
Truth...

I have a place in Point, and I dont go near seaside.
I also live up North and this show is the typical stereotype that continues to haunt jersey. The sad part is I dont know anyone like this at all who are portrayed in the show. (and its actually not sad at all) LOL