12-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #13
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
since most "performance" pads still fade on the track, would it be better to replace oem pads with Deluxe, and then using racetrack pads for track driving? I drive pretty fast on the streets, but not enough to get any fade from the stock pads... Or are the Deluxe pads not as grippy/fade resistant as oem?
If you track your vehicle I strongly believe you need two sets of pads. You cannot effectively get by with only one. It is too much of a compromise.

The Axxis pads do not offer as much initial bite as the OEM pads and you have to use slightly more pressure but after one week of driving I am used to the change that I don't even notice it anymore.

To me they feel more progressive than the OEM pads and linear in their response when you come to a stop and also they do not have that OEM grabby touchy feel to them.

The Axiss Deluxe pads are rated to up to 716°F, similar to BMW OEM pads. You should never come close to pushing them to their limits on the street. Their zero to low dust is their major selling point with no negatives that I have seen.

Axxis claim their Deluxe pads emit less that half the dust that their ULT (Ultimate pads) which are rated to 932°F or their XBG (Metal Masters) pads. Both of which are already considered very low dust by many compared to BMW OEM pads.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0