View Single Post
      11-01-2016, 04:17 PM   #57
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
Hmmm having lived through a similar situation, I'd say no. Bought my Z4M fresh out of college at 23 for 29K. I was living at home at the time and was making 60K and had no student loans.

Now fast forward 7 years and triple the salary and add in a mortgage and a car payment on a beater and cost of "life", I don't dare looking at a new car or anything that costs more than 40k. I think I would have to double my salary to be ok to spend 70-80 on a car.

I get it. I was once 23 and had no cares in the world and could spend half of my income on a car but priorities change and "life" happens.

My advice to OP, that is too much car for you. Go for something cheaper ~30-35K.
This is kinda where Im at in my life currently, which is why I say do it now. When I was 23, I would have, and did, buy a non practical fun car because at 23, my priorities were different. Now that im 29 and my priorities have changed, even though i can afford to get an even better non practical fun car, I dont because of priorities.

If you are always waiting for the perfect time to have fun, you'll miss out on a lot of fun.