12-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #5450
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I use 32GB CF cards and shoot RAW plus jpeg. I only use the jpegs to select which images to work in DxO. Looking at the jpegs, you'd never want to put your name on those washed out images.

The only time that I would consider shooting jpeg only is if I HAD TO get 8-fps for some subject. Then I'd try to nail the exposure, as if shooting slide film. (Thank the Lord that we don't have to do that anymore.)

Dave
you should still be able to get 8+ frames in RAW as long as you don't have that one image processing controller cranked to full (forget what it's called any my camera is packed up nicely for my drive today...)

you know the one in your main info screen at the bottom right corner that's supposed to help your exposures? if you have that dialed up to 3 or full, it slows the 7D down a lot.

Ive debated on getting the 32gig card, just seems like a lot of memory, i never use much over about 9gigs at a time, and i almost always have my laptop with me to unload pictures onto. I guess i should grab one sometime just to have some spare memory. (of course i mean retire one of the old cards and use the 32gig as a main card.)