View Single Post
      12-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Can't speak for the E93 as I've never driven it, but E46 M3 vert to coupe back to back the acceleration and handling in both straights and corners the difference is huge.
Even properly setup on the track they don't quite keep up with each other with comparable drivers.

This year I've seen two different E93's at the track but they were all stock so they wouldn't really make a good comparison against my car at the track. One was in my group, but I didn't see him much, I'm pretty sure we were evenly spaced the whole time but either way its probably good news that neither of us could lap one another. Most every other E92 except a few have been running Rcomps anyway. It's hard to tell but the E93 is still capable of doing its thing. Since it doesn't have a real roll bar but has the roof, they were both allowed to run in NASA and Trackdaze so you should be able to run no problem if that's what you're worried about. Figured I had some input since you're probably local to me.

On the street you wont be able to get close to the limits of handling unless you're driving pretty recklessly, and if you did, you will feel the body roll and weight over an E90/E92. Acceleration you will definitely tell in perfect matched conditions that it is a bit slower as well, but either way I doubt you'll come across a situation where it would matter if you're just cruising around
Appreciate 0