wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
The best advice I got when our 15 year old pup reached his end last year was "1 week too early is better than 1 day too late".
Do you like that advice applied to yourself? How do you know it's "too late"?

An ill living creature is not a broken device. The only "quality of life" you are entitled to judge about is yours. That's providing life quality by killing is bullshit: you can't improve the non-existing. Regarding your own benefit, "Why do people kill? For a simple reason: they want to improve the situation. But that just doesn't happen." (from a movie, a man killed his wife but another woman started to threaten him to marry her)

Regarding bad times... "Life is pain." ("The Last Boy Scout" movie) There's no good times without those. You take them for better or worse, don't you? Giving up is the last(!) thing you can do. But the worst thing to do is finding excuses.

Reality is neutral. It's your attitude that makes it pleasant or not. You can feel for your pet but enjoy it's being with you. Selfish? What about killing to save yourself from discomfort and your holy wallet from expenses? What's good for the pet? Ask it. If it wants to go down or stay with you no matter what.
Yes absolutely. When I have no quality of life and no hope of getting better, and I have no idea why I'm suffering, 100%.

Feel free to hang on to life support for 200 years yourself though and let me know how much you like it when it finally ends.