SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
X2.

One reason you have to read reviews and just not read the final rankings.
Then see what the cars actually cost compared to the MSRP (I only care what they really cost). If they are knocking things you don't care about then your results can be different. The car with the biggest trunk and rear seat will win this area of the ratings, if you prefer a smaller car this might be opposite to how you feel.

If comparing the brands the ATS trunk is smaller, the rear seat is smaller, gauges aren't as good, I disagree that CUE is a big deal, dealership isn't as nice as Audi. All depends on what is most important to you. None of these were in my top 5 of things I wanted.
+1. I read reviews where the magazine compares a $250K car with an $80K car and comes out with a single conclusion (duh...the more expensive car wins). A lot of people at these forums knock Consumer Reports ratings but if one unpacks the ratings, they are more useful than most enthusiast magazine ratings. If driving handling and performance is most important to you, look for a rating based on that feature; if safety is most important, look for that feature; or combine those features that are most important to you.

As a society I think we have moved to looking for a simple solution for everything.

In my case, Cadillac didn't offer a car that met my needs (performance, luxury, qualifying phev, not a huge car). But if it did, I would certainly have looked at it.
David701567.00