View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #42
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
I go to DC often, it's quite busy in downtown and in tourist areas during the day. Not at the pre-lockdown level, of course, but re traffic I think it just speaks of how insufficient the road capacity is, as it gets saturated even at a fraction of "normal" use.
Totally agree. And our illustrious leaders have learned nothing from 9/11 especially on the Maryland side. All they do is endless studies and by the time a plan is formulated, the anti road expansion people would say see any implementation of widening roads won't put a dent on traffic. That's because nothing was done for so many years. Duh. Road management has to be constant and not once in a few years. The bridge situation is also maddening. When light rail or extension of the Metro is brought it, you get lame excuses about it being too expensive. As if it's cheaper to just sit in traffic. The Metro extension on the red line from Shady Grove to Frederick, should have happened years ago. Still nothing. And the MARC train is just a joke.