View Single Post
      05-16-2020, 11:18 PM   #30
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
people are going to love WFH as it becomes standardized for more businesses...until micromanagement wants them to download monitoring software to watch every click and keyboard stroke making the work environment at home more intrusive than the work environment from the office
An employer can put all the monitoring software they want onto a work computer and many have without you even knowing. I don't care. The difference is my work computer has been supplied by my employer. I won't do it any other way. All the companies I've worked for where I have worked at home has supplied a company laptop. When you're on your work computer, it should be all about work. So there's nothing to hide there. Some companies allow some personal use on company assets but I prefer not to go down that road. I even have two cell phones. One personal and one work.

For me personally, I've gone one step further with my home network. I created an isolated part of my network dedicated for my work laptop and work cell phone to use. Nothing else connects in and no work device can touch anything on my network except my printers and what I have on my DMZ.
Rmtt8211.00
yco5748.50
vreihen1615333.00