04-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #722
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Grip strength is something I always try and improve on. The farmer walk/pinch are awesome. I think a lot of my success training comes from my athletic background. I was “Cross Training” long before it became a “thing”.

Took a day off yesterday since I was crushed from the past 2 Strength days, I definitely felt it.

That being said on Tuesday I did DLs. 7x3 up to a 3RM of 465 BOOM!!! 500 is within reach. Today is a garage session of Biceps/Hams. Heavy RDLs, BB curls. Accessory work. Tomorrow is Front Sqwaatz n Cleans!
Nice!!!! 465 is some serious weight. My Active Recovery week is coming up so I will be lowering the weights, readjusting for my new maxes, and then starting the process all over again. Tomorrow is Bench. Since I stopped at 3 reps for 365 for AMRAP last time...it has me at the same weight again and attempting to set a new max.

Yeah with those guys, we did farmers walks, plate pinch, roll-ups and downs with a rope with weights on it, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, and one exercise where you sit on the end of a bench, pick up a barbell, and hold it until it dropped from your hands...literally. We would be doing up to 5 plates with it even if we had assistance to get it there in the first place.

Then we have this old Nautilus forearm machine that lets you work with gripping, supination, curls, etc.

We used Fat Gripz of assorted sizes, and sometimes those exercise above would be done in a giant series starting with the barbell hold.

Another thing my training partner wants to start rotating in is "chain work". We used to do a lot of it. We set up this bucket in the corner of the weight room and the owner let us store some huge logging chains. We would use them in a ton of different exercises.