View Single Post
      04-25-2019, 12:15 PM   #719
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I usually can get a few sets of 405 without straps, but by the 3rd set my grip is starting to be the weak link. But I trained grip and forearms with professional arm wrestlers for about 2 years straight a few years ago on my training partner's off days. Those guys were insane. But my forearms took off....and still look like I train them specifically!

But I've always tried to do stuff like that. If I could train with someone who specialized in a certain sport......I would kind of tag along if they would let me. IMO.....that was the best way of learning and pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I knew they wouldn't take it easy on me......so it worked out pretty good.

Always someone out there to learn something from!
Grip strength is something I always try and improve on. The farmer walk/pinch are awesome. I think a lot of my success training comes from my athletic background. I was “Cross Training” long before it became a “thing”.

Took a day off yesterday since I was crushed from the past 2 Strength days, I definitely felt it.

That being said on Tuesday I did DLs. 7x3 up to a 3RM of 465 BOOM!!! 500 is within reach. Today is a garage session of Biceps/Hams. Heavy RDLs, BB curls. Accessory work. Tomorrow is Front Sqwaatz n Cleans!