04-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #717
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
That was smart to test the waters. Apparently you can handle the weight just fine. Do you use straps at all? I have to bust them out usually over 405. Depends on the day and how my grip feels. I read a few articles on how your CNS is directly related to grip strength. Pretty interesting.

I’m definitely feeling it today after the squat variations yesterday. I also did my heavy walking BB lunges up to 225. So my legs are smoked today!

Box Squats are one of my favs! Another great variation to work into programming. I’m actually due to work them in this week. Have you ever used chains on any of your Squats? My gym has them. I will frequently throw them on to spice it up! Haaa

I usually can get a few sets of 405 without straps, but by the 3rd set my grip is starting to be the weak link. But I trained grip and forearms with professional arm wrestlers for about 2 years straight a few years ago on my training partner's off days. Those guys were insane. But my forearms took off....and still look like I train them specifically!

But I've always tried to do stuff like that. If I could train with someone who specialized in a certain sport......I would kind of tag along if they would let me. IMO.....that was the best way of learning and pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I knew they wouldn't take it easy on me......so it worked out pretty good.

Always someone out there to learn something from!