View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 09:25 AM   #713
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Thanks! I haven't been up to 455 in awhile. But after getting into this thread, I figured I couldn't justify age with cutting back on the weights.

What I have been doing is testing the waters. I knew I had the 455 coming up, so the week before I did rack pulls with it just to get a taste for what I was in for. Maybe it's a mental thing for me, but I had to feel it before actually committing to it.

Those squats are crazy. I've dome something similar in the past. people don't realize how hard it is when you stop and pause and you take the momentum out of it.

It's a lot easier coming out of the hole when you have that on your side as you body is kind of coiled like a spring to come up.

I need to start adding some box squats back in. Those were similar. You get a whole different type of soreness in other areas from those types of exercises!
That was smart to test the waters. Apparently you can handle the weight just fine. Do you use straps at all? I have to bust them out usually over 405. Depends on the day and how my grip feels. I read a few articles on how your CNS is directly related to grip strength. Pretty interesting.

I’m definitely feeling it today after the squat variations yesterday. I also did my heavy walking BB lunges up to 225. So my legs are smoked today!

Box Squats are one of my favs! Another great variation to work into programming. I’m actually due to work them in this week. Have you ever used chains on any of your Squats? My gym has them. I will frequently throw them on to spice it up! Haaa