View Single Post
      04-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #705
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Nice! Fortunately or unfortunately....I'm built for bench. I seem to be able to engage my lats pretty easily under the bar, and it feels kind of like a spring being compressed as I decend. Couple that with shorter arms, and it just feels right.

I always use to have a mental and physical block when going above 315. My training partner said it was me doubting myself, and trying to adjust too much once I started coming down.

Oddly enough, it was when we started rowing heavy that my bench started climbing. That and weighted dips made the most impact in breaking through that barrier.

Man.....your workouts sound intense. Not only is the weight there, but you're incorporating some crazy cardio work in it as well. I've got to focus more on that type of conditioning. I find myself falling into that rut of doing things in cycles. Dropping most cardio and focusing on strength, then going back to the conditioning work as the weather warms up.

More of the old ways of thinking. I need to break it, but tend to be a creature of habit.
I’d say you are very fortunate, the right genetics also. All the back work definitely helps, wider more stable platform. Bench has never been a strong movement for me. I push decent weight but not like you and 1MM. Squats and Deads are my jam! But I still work my weaknesses.

I always program some sort of endurance/conditioning work. Sometimes short and intense, other times longer more grueling. It’s the one thing left over from my CrossFit days that I enjoy. As much as everyone knocks CrossFit their methodology for true overall well rounded fitness can’t be disputed. Now I do more hybrid training pulling from various platforms. Suits me well.

With that being said I’m heading out to go swim today. Haven’t decided on what exactly but it will be tough. My CNS is a bit smoked from past few days.

#SundayFunday