View Single Post
      01-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
U235
23 BMW X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 M60i, 22 Volvo V60 Pole*

Z4MC to E9X M3 - Anyone done it?

I have an 08 Z4MC with every option and 21k miles. My wife has grown tired of it and is almost at the point of refusing to drive in it due to its stiffness and difficult ingress/egress (and she's fit @ 110 LBS, 29 years old, etc.). We're planning on having children soon, and while this is a pleasure vehicle (we have a sedan and full size SUV as well), she has made owning/driving it not fun for me.

We went shopping this weekend, and I felt I'd be stuck with something more civil so we looked at a 2010 S4, 08 S5 and I did us justice and looked at an e90 M3. Honestly, the e90 M3 road the smoothest and was the easiest to get into and out of so my wife endorsed it.

I'm close to pulling the trigger. It's an 08 6spdwith 8500 miles, and pretty stripped down. The only option is the redfox leather and maybe the rims were upgraded. I'll miss the lack of heated seats, but I don't think I'll miss Nav. I'm not sure how good the base stereo is, but I imagine it's decent enough. No sunroof, no rear-seat layflat so it's a pretty pure example of an E90, and one with only 8500 miles.

I think for $42k it's not a bad deal, I worked down the price from $47k, and I'm getting a reasonable trade for my Z4MC.

Has anyone gone from Z4MC to E9X? Can anyone comment on the lack of amenities and how it's affected them?

Compared to the other cars we test drove, this thing is just a beast, amazingly quick compared to the other cars and even to the Z4MC.

Appreciate 0