BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep

Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
why not instead target longer-term members, reach out to them via email, then just deal with a small group that responds and actually has an interesting story? Seems like they cast far too wide of a net for what they're trying to accomplish here.

And the pricing for the final "book"?? It's pure insanity. Nobody is going to buy the thing at that price. Heads should roll for the poor execution of this well-intentioned idea gone sideways.
Because us long-time members are not in need of the self-gratification that "yearbooks" like this promote. Pay to have yourself listed in "who's who in American High-schools" was pushed on me over 50-years ago and we knew it was a scam then. Same with "nominations" you receive from friends to participate in other such self-aggrandizement publications from any profession or region. Those who spend money to join groups like MENSA will probably flock to this. Likewise, anyone who owns a BMW as jewelry or uses it as a trapping of their success.

The telling remark in this mea-culpa was that the idea came from the publishing company, not the Club. That your current Club board and Executive Director promoted and approved such silliness should indicate just how removed from what we know a car club should be the current board is. Desperate self-preservation of a misguided agenda?

Years ago we weren't allowed to use even Raffle profits in our CCA budget. Times are tough in the print industry and for clubs in general when all could easily be replaced by "free" digital equivalents. Endless promotion of the raffle and now this publication's anticipated revenue stream are not an indication of the Club's financial health. It all looks desperate to me, and that comes from someone who used to have responsibility for such decisions and who also has the insight from attending the Club's first "O'Fest Forever" perversion of the Club's former signature annual event just recently.
DanG10660.50
F32Fleet3571.50
dmanb2b2124.50