View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 06:01 AM   #105
Wolfus Aurelius
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW 328i (gold/cream)

Comfort Access and the kick-to-open trunk. The features are not something I would have wanted specifically. "What, I can't be trusted to open/close my car with the fob?" (This, despite the fact that not too many years ago, I opened and closed, and started, my cars with an actual, yanno, key. You get used to new tech conveniences fast.) But the quick close by resting a finger on the door handle is something I use nearly every day now.

Ditto for the kick-to-open trunk. It seems I frequently have both hands full of groceries or, as this morning, a computer plus briefcase and a blanket, and pulling a rolling suitcase. (I had to bug out of my apartment thanks to a water leak; long story.)

Oh, I like the little cargo hooks on the side walls of the trunk. I hang my lunch bucket there every day so the contents don't spill when I hit a bump or take a sharp curve.

That this car is at the same time dangerous (as in it would be easy to collect a speeding ticket), and yet safe. Just now I drove 12 freeway miles from home out to the suburbs. Several times on the (rare) smoothly paved portions of the Interstate, I looked down and was astonished to find myself doing 75. It felt like 60. Only my late, much-missed W126 MB 420SEL could manage that.

Also like the W126, the F30 warns me before I get myself into real trouble. Not with a chime or alert light, but by the chassis response. I came off the I-10 onto a curving ramp, and apparently was going a little fast for the curve. Somehow, I don't know how, the car felt wrong, unbalanced I guess, and I was able to slow safely before making the mistake of jerking the wheel.

I'm curious to see how this car will do in snow. The W126 somehow communicated that its center of gravity was off when snow was piled on the roof, warning me to be even more careful. I suspect the F30 will be similar.

Last edited by Wolfus Aurelius; 06-29-2019 at 07:59 AM..
natahoa252.00