joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
I kinda have to disagree with you here.
I have had ALLOT of problems driving here in Germany. I have never seen so much road rage and citizen self policing in my life.
In my experience, if you try to do the speed limit, people ride right up your ass, or they get in front of you and do 10-15 under. If you try to pass people will speed up to prevent it.
I have been driving in the unlimited zones and had people intentionally block my lane cause me to have to brake so hard you get dizzy.
I've had people follow me, Film my car, yell countless times, make hand gestures, follow me.
I've had a guy try to ram my car then honk at me and shake his fist.
I had a woman come to an almost stop in a 4 lane wide unlimited zone, I passed her on the LH side, in the rear view mirror she's going crazy with hand gestures and so on.
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. Germans definitely will say something if you're doing some crazy shit, I've been here for a couple years already and I drive insanely fast on the bahn--never gotten anything like that; maybe a couple high beam flashes when I'm doing full speed in the left.

There are some safety exceptions even if its unrestricted i.e. moderate amount of traffic which would increase risk if you're doing 250kph, taking yr sweet time to move over in left lane, etc. I've had to honk and high beam a few times at some crazy folks but it's not normal. Otherwise, I should probably take a look in the mirror, because it might be my driving that's pissing everyone off.