View Single Post
      02-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #15
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: o_0

Not that some of these comparisons don't exist elsewhere on the web (and w/ better quality pix), but....here ya go.

As I mentioned in my last post, weight-wise, there is only about a 0.25 lb difference between the 5D2 and EOS R + EF/Control Ring adapter. The control ring adapter is about 0.25 lbs by itself.

Some things to note:
  • The crack on the screen of the 5D2 is the schott glass screen protector. It dutifully did its job in my backpack while I was TDY and I just haven't replaced it yet.
  • Dimensionally, EVF aside, the R is relatively smaller due to lack of prism. With the EF/Control Ring adapter mounted, the R is actually thicker.
  • The EVF sticks out further from the rear face of the camera than it does on the 5D2.
  • There's a sensor below the outside of the EVF. When covered or the LCD screen stowed, the EVF is active. When not, the LCD screen is active.
  • I wish the AF Select button was in-line w/ the other buttons like on the 5D2. It may just be that I'm not used to it yet. I can use the bottom of the top digit of my thumb to hit it which is still foreign to me.
  • The info display can select-ably include a level indicator (both rear screen & EVF). Canon has eliminated excuses for not correcting horizon lines.
Attached Images

Last edited by bosstones; 02-17-2019 at 04:10 PM..
Ickdeep5706.00
P111541.50