02-25-2021, 09:42 PM   #107
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast.F10 View Post
Back many moons ago, I delivered and setup furniture for Andre Ware of the Detroit Lions. Didnt follow football much when in Michigan but knew of him. Some other players were present...no idea who, but they all had big rings on their hands...maybe Superbowl? Upon arrival, he did not have a hose to fill the waterbed (one of the items I setup), so he asked to borrow ours. Sure, not problem since he said he'd return it with a few free tickets. Well guess what.....didnt even give a tip for the 3hours service call nor did he ever return the hose.

Played (open shooting) hockey once on Lake St.Clair with a Red Wing..but forgot his name now. He was well known. Guess im lucky it wasnt Probert bahaha.
Nice story to hear as I grew up in the Detroit area and in total have spent roughly half my life there. I met Herman Moore, WR for the Lions at the time. Also ran into Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, and Sergei Federov. I'm amazed I never met more of these guys. Great sports town for a number of decades, now total trash.

On a side note I know a lot of people who've ran into Kobe in the Newport Beach/Irvine area. I moved to the area just a few months before he passed, sad I never got to see him.
Fast.F10513.50