View Single Post
      08-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #10
graider
Colonel
Rep

Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

i definitely think something is wrong with this one because usually manufacturer claim is always spot on in regards to 0-60mph times. lexus said 3.7s for 0-60mph in their official spec and other mags were able to achieve similar time. for example, motortrend was able to do it in 3.8s. But 4.2s for the LFA is totally not believable, that is a whole 0.6s different. I believe it should be faster than the gt3rs in a straight line given it has better power to weight ratio.

I don't mean the m3 is exactly achieving 4.2s, but still let say the m3, isf, c63 amg is is doing around 4.5s. do you genuinely believe a car in the 3300lbs with 560hp can only do it only in 4.2s? common sense just doesn't allow me to believe the time posted for the LFA in this mag at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Why would you assume such a thing?

There is clear differences between how Autocar and all UK mags test the cars and how the Americans do it. No dragstrip, no 1ft rollout, no adjusting the times to a set of paraments, and neither do they abuse a car to achieve unrealistic results. Another thing that needs to be remembered, the LF-A was the only car without Launch Control software, such technology makes a world of difference especially if you happen to be launching on a normal (less grippy) surface.

Another thing, if you genuinely believe an M3 is truly capable of matching that time of the LF-A on the same surface in the hands of the same guys then you have too much belief in the M3's abilities, it's a bloody quick car but I have never done a 4.2s time when I had mine, in fact the best I ever seen was 4.73s on a public road which I might add is the same type of surface which Autocar test on.

Please check Autocar and EVO acceleration times for the same cars, I think you will find that for the most part they are very consistent.