View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #4244
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
It's a weird feeling. I remember back when I was dating after my divorce. I went through pretty much all the available women in my town and the next town over.

Had a friend sat me up with my now wife who was from a few hours away. She was the first person I went out with for longer than probably 6 weeks or so. About 6 months into dating, she told me that she loved me.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I told her I was sorry, but I couldn't tell her the same thing. I also told her she should respect the fact that I could be that honest with her, and didn't want to lead her on. But I said I still wanted to see where things would go.

It was about 6 months after that...I asked her if she remembered telling me that. She said yes...and I told her that I was at that point now, and could say the same to her and actually mean it.

We were married a year later.

Maybe it sounds cruel...but you guys have to know that I actually never planned on getting married again. I had almost 7 years to myself. I learned I could be happy on my own, and didn't need anyone to make me happy.

I had my own nice place, custody of my daughter, a few fun cars....and basically my pick of women in this small town whenever I wanted as I guess at 27-34 years old...they were desperate.

And when you add in the attitude that I had of "I could care less"....it was like I had a magnet drawing them in. I was never mean or rude to anyone....but I let them know up front I was out to have fun and not looking for anything serious.

But I guess they thought they could be the one to change my mind.
Stand up guy right here! You continue to garner respect sir. I don't feel that it is cruel at all how you handled this. It's amazing at how women will give you pretty much anything you want as long as you are honest with them. Well done, but you don't need me to tell you this; the fact that you ended up with the girl says everything.
Rmtt8209.00
MKSixer34183.50